Omnibus Public and Private Transport Protocols During ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ
Based on Department of Transportation(DOTr)'s post, the Omnibus Public and Private Transport Protocols During ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ as set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) and the Department of Transportation (DOTr).
Below are the details of the said protocol:
It explains that:
For Public Transportation:
During the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), and Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), operations of public transportation shall be halted except shuttle services that will ferry medical frontliners or workers employed in permitted services.
During the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) period, the following rail and road transport protocols shall be enforced:
- PUV modes with higher passenger capacity shall be prioritized.
- Public Utility Buses (PUBs), and Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) shall carry 50% or half of its vehicle's passenger capacity.
- For UV Express and taxis, only one (1) passenger shall be seated on the driver's row, while a maximum of two (2) passengers can be seated at the backseat per row.
- For Transportation Network Vehicle Services (TNVS), multiple bookings or carpooling is not allowed.
- For tricycles, its operators shall secure a special permit from its Local Government Unit (LGU). Tricycles are allowed to deliver "feeder" services.
- Public shuttle services can ferry those medical frontliners or workers of permitted services, and shall observe social distancing while inside the vehicle.
For Private Transportation, the following protocols shall be followed:
- During ECQ, and MECQ, rented company shuttles shall secure a special permit from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), and shall carry 50% of the shuttle's passenger capacity.
- During GCQ, company shuttles no longer need to secure a special permit from LTFRB but shall continuously implement 50% passenger capacity.
- During ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ, personal vehicles shall carry those individuals/workers of permitted sectors, with a maximum of 50% passenger capacity.
- During ECQ, use of bicycles and motorcycles is allowed provided that the rider is APOR or an Authorized Person who can go Outside of Residence. Backriding is strictly prohibited.
- During MECQ, and GCQ, backriding in bicycles and motorcycles is still NOT allowed
- During ECQ, use of electronic scooters is NOT allowed. However, it can be used during MECQ, and GCQ but shall only carry a maximum of one (1) person, with its usage subject to existing traffic rules and regulations.
The STAR/Michael Varcas
Infographic: Department of Trasportation(DOTr)